You might have a need to reset your TV to factory defaults.
Resetting the TV deletes all data and changes all settings adjustments back to the defaults. It basically makes the TV just like it was the first time it was taken out of the box and powered on.
Why Reset The TV?
- To erase all account data from the TV like wifi passwords and internet app information like Netflix or Amazon accounts.
- To fix a weird problem with the TV.
- To fix display or audio problems. Resetting the TV erases all changes to the picture and audio settings.
- experience resetting the TV can make it behave just like the first time it was taken out of the box.
- Apps like Netflix or Amazon are not working despite a working.
- The TV is not able to access the internet.
- If you think think a TV setting has been changed in a way that negatively effects your TV’s performance.
Steps to reset the TV on TVs manufactured from 2013 and later
- Press the menu button on your Vizio remote.
- Use the remote arrow buttons to select SYSTEM and press OK on the remote.
- Select RESET & ADMIN and press OK.
- Select RESET TV TO FACTORY DEFAULTS and press OK.
- The TV will display the message “Select reset to restore all TV settings to factory defaults.” Use the arrow buttons to select the RESET button and press OK.
The TV will then restart. When the TV powers back on the Vizio setup menu will guide you through connecting the TV to the internet and connecting satellite or cable TV service.
While completing the reset process the TV may ask you to enter a parental code. If it does the default parental code is 0 0 0 0.
Illustrated Steps To Reset Your Vizio TV
1. Press the Menu button on your Vizio remote.
2. Use the remote arrow buttons to select SYSTEM and press OK on the remote.
3. Select RESET & ADMIN and press OK.
4. Select RESET TV TO FACTORY DEFAULTS and press OK.
5.The TV will display the message “Select reset to restore all TV settings to factory defaults.” Use the arrow buttons to select the RESET button and press OK.
After you confirm you want to reset the TV it will power off then automatically power on again. The OOBE setup menu will appear which will walk you through steps to setup your TV again so you can continue to watch TV channels and use internet app.
Resetting the TV is a simple process and can often solve problems with TVs. If the TV is still having odd problems after resetting there may be some other issue besides the TV settings that is effecting the TV’s performance. Check out the other articles on this site if yo continue to have problems.
Was this article helpful? I hope so. Please leave you comments and questions in the comments below.