Netflix is easily the most popular app used on Vizio TVs. For most people it’s the only app they ever use. That’s why it’s more than a little frustrating when Netflix isn’t working.
There are several ways to solve Netflix problems and most are pretty simple. Let’s get started!
“Netflix Isn’t Working On My Vizio TV!”
Okay so you recognize there is a problem. That’s the first step to recovery!
Now we just have to determine what is causing the problemso we will know what to do to fix it.
The most common cause of Netflix problems is internet connection issues. You will want to check your TVs internet access settings.
How To Check Internet Access on A Vizio TV
- Press the menu button on your Vizio TV remote.
- Go to the section labeled “Network” and press the OK button on the remote.
- Then go to the option labeled “Test Connection” and press the OK button.
The TV will now display information about its network connection. This page may take a minute or two to finish testing the connection so give it a little time. When the page is finished loading look for something labeled “Download”.
The “Download” section displays the speed of the internet connection. If your TV is connecting to the internet you will see a number to the right of the word Download. Ideally you want this number to be 1000 kbps (kilobytes per second) or higher. If it is at least 1000 then you know the TV has a working internet connection and the connection speed is fast enough to use Netflix.
If you see a number that is less than 1000 kbps then the problem may be a slow internet connection. Head on over to my page on slow internet connections for Vizio TVs to determine how to fix this.
If you see something that says “Download Not Available” this means the TV is not able to connect to the internet. If that’s the case head on over to my page on fixing internet connection problems.
Netflix Says There Is No Internet Connection Even Though The internet Connection is Working
Sometimes the Netflix app will display an internet connection problem even though you have already determined the internet connection is working. This is a simple error to fix. The easiest step would be to power cycle the TV.
How To Power Cycle Your Vizio TV
- Power off the TV.
- Disconnect the power cord from the power outlet.
- Press and hold the power button on your TV for 15 seconds while the TV is unplugged. (The power button is hard to find on some newer Vizio TVs. Try checking the back of the TV).
- Plug the TV back into the power outlet and turn it on.
Use Static DNS Server Settings To Fix Netflix Problems
- Press the “Menu” button on your Vizio remote.
- Go to “Network” and press OK.
- Select “Manual Setup” then press the OK button.
- At the top of this menu is “DHCP”. This is probably turned on. Press the left arrow button on the remote to turn this setting off.
- Go down to the section labeled “Pref DNS Server”. Change these numbers to 188.8.131.52.
- Then arrow down to “Alt DNS Server”. Change this to 184.108.40.206.
- Select the “Save” option and press the OK button on the remote.
- Press Exit on the remote.
Reset Your Vizio TV to Factory Defaults
If you’re still having problems using the app you might have to completely reset the TV. It’s a simple process though.
- Press the Menu button on the remote.
- Go to “System” and press OK.
- Go to “Reset and Admin” and press OK.
- Select “Reset TV to Factory Defaults” and press the OK button on the remote.
This will reset your TV. The TV will then restart and bring up a setup guide to help you connect to the internet and choose your TV service. Follow this menu then try using Netflix.
Error Codes From Netflix
If you have have already determined your TV has a working internet connection but still isn’t working there could be some other issue happening causing the problem.
NW-4-7 Error, NW-4-8, UI-113 Errors
When you open Netflix you may see an error code indicating what the problem is. These error indicate a problem with the TV being able to use Netflix’s servers.
To fix this issue follow the steps already outlined in this article
If you have already tried these steps and your still not able to use the Netflix app then there may be an issue that only Vizio technical support can fix. Vizio offers free lifetime support for all their products so give them a call at 888-849-4623.
Have Fun Watching Movies!
You should be able to fix any and all Netflix problems using the steps in this article. If you have tried everything though and you are still not able to use the Netflix app then you should call Vizio’s free technical support line for assistance.
If you have any comments or questions about this article I would love to read them. Please post them in the comments section below!